[argyllcms] Re: Rendering intent?

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 09:16:36 -0500

Roger,

this would mean that "perceptual" as a different meaning depending on which tool you use, right? How Argyllcms does this?

Is the same true for Relative colorimetric? Is only a change in saturation considered with the relative intent or something else?

My understanding of a color is that it is defined by a point in some 3 dimensional colorspace and if you have to move it around and you limit yourself to only changing saturation your giving up 2 other potential options.  I would have thought the most recent "distance" metrics or even the simple euclidean distance to be more appropriate then just shifting the saturation as seems to be the case in the various docs I've seen. I know I may not have seen the "right" one. That's why I ask.

On 11/25/2019 8:23 AM, graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Every profiler I know does the Perceptual intent *differently*.
It's considered their "secret sauce".

/ Roger