[argyllcms] Re: Remove UV filter from Eye-One Pro?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 23:46:22 +1000

Jason J. Campbell wrote:

Hi,

> To my knowledge, this is still the same deal with the newer
> i1Pro2.

I don't think they are making two version of the i1pro2 -
with M2, why would you need it ? There's no mention on their website, and
all the reviews I've seen say that there is no UV filter version.

> For general purpose use, you should
> be able to survive with a uv-cut instrument,

Only if it matches your viewing environment (UV poor),
or you are using FWA free paper, or you are merely measuring
to a UV excluded standard, rather than for viewing.

> EFI was a big supplier of the OEM'ed
> uv-cut i1's -- if you look on ebay, you will see most uv-cut units have the
> EFI mark on the body.

Strangely, one of the i1pro Rev A instruments I've acquired is branded
"best.eye",
and is UV included (no filter).