[argyllcms] Re: Remove UV filter from Eye-One Pro?

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:49:07 +1000

Alan Rockwood (Redacted sender alanrockwood2000@xxxxxxxxx for DMARC) wrote:
> Is it possible or practical to remove the UV filter from the Eye-One Pro?

Not that I'm aware - but then I don't have such an instrument.

Physically the i1 doesn't seem that different to the Spectrolino,
which does have an interchangeable filter system.

It's easy enough to remove the i1's cover glass, so if the UV filter
is implemented the same way as the Spectrolino, in theory all you
have to do is replace it with the non-UV version.

But:
     Maybe it doesn't have the filter in the same spot
and
     the i1 doesn't have separate calibration data for UV vs. non-UV.

The latter could affect accuracy.