[argyllcms] Re: Reading an i1Pro chart with ColorMunki

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:27:38 +1100

Vittorio Villani wrote:
Atkinos) have more patches than the one generated with Argyll. With Argyll I
have 21
patches on each stripe, with other targets there are 36 patches in an
equal-in-size
stripe. So maybe what you could do is to give the possibility for the
ColorMunki to
have an "-h2" and for the i1Pro to have an -h parameter with more patches in
each
stripe.

You can push it harder yourself by setting the appropriate options (-a, -A, -m).

I don't think it's wise to go below the manufacturers recommendations by
default though.

2) The procedure to read the patches in "-i i1 mode" is very simple and
reproducible:
you just need to have a ruler.

But what do you line the ruler against ? How can you be sure that the instrument
is actually centred over the strip within a fraction of a mm ?

What I would like to know is if you think that a more "full" test chart for the
i1Pro
could be possible.

It's all a trade-off between being generally usable, robust and accurate
readings,
vs. taking advantage of a specific set of conditions (type of printer, ie.
screening
resolution, print uniformity, accuracy of instrument guidance, printing
margins).