[argyllcms] Re: Reading an i1Pro chart with ColorMunki

  • From: Vittorio Villani <vittoriovillani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS List <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 03:34:34 +0100

Thanks for the answer.

I can say this:

1) I did more than 6000 measurements with the ColorMunki and the -i i1
parameter. I had no particular problems, I had some bad readings, but not so
bad, and nothing worst than what I had with the standard ColorMunki test chart.
I had better DeltaE2000 with the i1Pro patches than with the standard -h
patches.
I already posted some results of this measurements.
Notice that the i1Pro patches in some test chart (like the ones from Bill
Atkinos) have more patches than the one generated with Argyll. With Argyll I
have 21 patches on each stripe, with other targets there are 36 patches in an
equal-in-size stripe. So maybe what you could do is to give the possibility for
the ColorMunki to have an "-h2" and for the i1Pro to have an -h parameter with
more patches in each stripe.

2) The procedure to read the patches in "-i i1 mode" is very simple and
reproducible: you just need to have a ruler. You can always put a warning in
the description that advise the user that he will need a ruler (in my opinion
needed also with the standard -h parameter). I personally had the same exact
difficulties in reading the patch from an -iCM and from an -ii1: you just need
to use a ruler and to understand where to put it.

I think that it would be great to add this possibility, but anyway as you said
it is not really needed, since everybody can easily use the -ii1 and also, if
he/she wants, add the parameter to have "no limits" in the dimension of the
test chart.

What I would like to know is if you think that a more "full" test chart for the
i1Pro could be possible.

Vittorio Villani