[argyllcms] RGB Printer, output profile soft proofing,, etc.

  • From: Yves Gauvreau <gauvreau-yves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2019 10:11:19 -0500

Some of you mentioned a 2 step process to create a paper (ink & printer) profile. Is this valid for RGB printers as well? If yes, can you share your method.

I've done a single step type profile for a couple of papers I have and at the suggestion of Graeme I think, I use profcheck to have an idea of how "good" they where. I noticed a few but large outliers, just to see I prune the ti3 file and now I wonder if I should make a new profile from the prune measures? Is that good practice in general? Should we try to figure why I got such huge outliers and maybe measure them again? (I have an I1 Studio, so it's most likely my error)

What kind of error level from profcheck -k (DE2000) can be considered as acceptable?

Assuming one would systematically use the scenario of image dependent gamut mapping, I wonder if any special attention need to be address while making the profile itself?

Anyone as a suggestion on how I could "soft proof" the resulting image from above?

Thanks and happy new year to everyone,
Yves