[argyllcms] Re: RFC: Add a colord shim for ucmm

  • From: Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 10:41:54 +0200

Am 16.05.2013 06:19, schrieb Graeme Gill:
Richard Hughes wrote:

I have 19 existing operating
systems installed on various primary and logical partitions

That's pretty hardcore. I switched to using VMs a long time ago and
never looked back.

I've never trusted that VMs will implement the critical bits that
I'm trying to test (USB and display/VideoLUT access) without adding
their own wrinkles, thereby negating the very purpose of my test machine.

That was and is my concern too. Display CM is for essential parts too close to hardware for virtualising inside a VM.

I've certainly had reports from people using VMs of odd and difficult to
diagnose behaviour in these areas.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe