[argyllcms] Re: RFC: Add a colord shim for ucmm

  • From: Richard Hughes <hughsient@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 11:47:39 +0100

On 14 May 2013 00:31, Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> primary partitions and offering to format them, but not offering
> to install onto an existing logical partition.

Yes, the F18 installer is kinda clunky like that. You can do it,
although I agree even I'm not sure what partition I'm really
"reclaiming".

> I have 19 existing operating
> systems installed on various primary and logical partitions

That's pretty hardcore. I switched to using VMs a long time ago and
never looked back.

> This is Fedora 18. Any pointers to how to overcome this problem are welcome.

Well, there seems to be two ways around this:

* Update the F18 to F19 Beta by installing the fedora-release file
from f19 and then doing a "yum update --skip-broken"
* Installing the F19 beta using a virtual machine, on any host operating system.

If you've got F19 installed then I can easily make you a test colord
rpm with the colord-compat stuff included.

Richard