[argyllcms] Re: R: Re: Profiling a Mobile Phone

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 23:08:46 +0100

Am 23.01.2013 22:38, schrieb Umberto Guidali:
> Great plan !!! Will be very nice to have the possibility to profile
> mobile device using that GUI !!
>
> While I am reading this beautiful news, some question was born in my
> mind: a lots of mobile android device have an "automatic brightness"
> with the luminosity sensor and a "security" film on the screen to
> avoid the scratch.
>
> If I read the patch with the automatic brightness set to on I can't
> control the brightness of the screen: if I want to use the profile I
> must disable this features?

Yes.

> About the film I think that the condition
> during profile operations will be the same that in using conditions
> (if you don't change the film) so I don't care about that (I think
> !).

Correct.

> Another question is: Android system is able to load a profile and use
> that in all applications that runs on the HW (like the gallery used
> for view photos) or just only some web browser are able to handle the
> profile?

Basically I haven't looked at it yet. In Firefox for Android, under
about:config, the gfx.color_management preferences are all there, so
it's mostly a question of copying the profile to the Android device and
which path must be set under gfx.color_management.display_profile to
actually make use of it, if at all possible. Another option would be to
assume no color management and process images to be viewed on the mobile
device on a PC (i.e. converting them using the profile), but this is not
very flexible.

--
Florian Höch