[argyllcms] Re: Question regarding EFI ES-1000 Rev. D with UV-Cut Filter

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 22:53:41 +1000

Serhat Abaci wrote:

Hi.

> I bought a 2nd Hand EFI ES-1000 Rev. D with a UV Cut Filter for a low price

> inks. Since there is no Custom ICM Profile I had to create my own, before
> that I rent a ColorMunki for about a week but
> I did want to own a spectrometre myself.

Sounds like a good arrangement.

> I print 870 Patches on a sheet of A4 Paper. 90 Patches are for B/W. Since
> the EF ES-1000 is a relabeld Eye-One it works good so far.

It's good to start with moderate settings, but you could probably increase
the number of patches somewhat if you wanted/needed more accuracy.

> Do I have to change anything due to the UV Cut Filter? I want to print
> photos as neutral as possible.

The UV cut shounn't make a significant difference unless you are using
paper with a lot of FWA/OBE and are viewing it with a light source that
has a high ultra violet level.

> Is there any tweak that I didn't see or forgot?

I wouldn't use targen -t option unless you have a reason to - ie. used the
default optimised far point algorithm.

If you are going to use colprof -dpp, then include a -c viewing condition,
since the source and destination viewing conditions work as a pair.