[argyllcms] Question about dispwin -L

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:39:45 -0500

Under Fedora 9 Linux, if I understand correctly,

dispwin -I cal/profile

(a) loads the designated calibration into the video LUT and sets the ICC
atom in X to the appropriate profile. (b) It also copies the indicated
file to
~/.local/share/color/icc/devices/display

dispwin -L

does (a).  But my
~/.local/share/color/icc/devices/display
directory contains copies of every profile I have used.

How does dispwin -L know which one of them to use?

I ask this question because it seems clear that eye of gnome and gimp
are showing different things although both supposedly use the
calibration/profiling information, and I am trying to figure out why.  I
believe that eog should be using color management because I checked the
source code.   gimp and inkscape show exactly the same thing so I am
confident they are doing what they should.

--
Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mathematics Department, Northwestern University