[argyllcms] Re: Question about calibrating

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 15:28:07 +1100

Lionel Davey wrote:
Why does it repeat when the deltaE is clearly better?

Because each pass increases the number of steps/test patches,
and also reduces the threshold being aimed for. If it can't
do any better (fail), it will revert to the best previous
value.

Why does it repeat when the deltaE is under the threshold of 0.8?

It shouldn't. Are you sure that the threshold is still 0.8 ?

Also while typing this, I just realised I use high quality calibration.
Would setting medium or low quality skip these repeats, and, does setting
medium or low quality affect the calibration in any other way?

Yes, medium or low reduces the number of steps/test patches being aimed for,
and relaxes the thresholds, so that the calibration will take less time.