[argyllcms] Question about calibrating

  • From: Lionel Davey <audionut11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 14:19:00 +1000

When doing a calibration with my spyder2.

I sometimes get Point # Delta E 0.45......, previous pass DE 0.85....,
Repeat

Sometimes It says "fail" also.

Why does it repeat when the deltaE is clearly better?

Why does it repeat when the deltaE is under the threshold of 0.8?

As this increases the calibration time considerably, and I'm only using a
spyder2 to start with, would it make sense to have it read a deltaE under
the threshold and just continue rather than repeat.

Also while typing this, I just realised I use high quality calibration.
Would setting medium or low quality skip these repeats, and, does setting
medium or low quality affect the calibration in any other way?

Thanks,