[argyllcms] Re: Question about DeltaE from printread and one about iccexamin/profcheck

  • From: "Gerhard Fürnkranz" <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 18:31:08 +0200

>               X       Y               Z
>
> Printread 35.186      18.810  1.2915
>
> Spotread  34.793552 18.543380          1.277729
>
> Can someone explain the differences here? I have been confused about
> this for a while. The results above are without fwa compensation.

But why do you think this is a problem? IMO the difference does not look so
bad. You don't relly expect that measurements are perfectly reproducible, do
you? Each time you measure again, you should expect to get slightly different
numbers. And besides instrument repeatability errors, the colors of the print
are drifting due to aging (and for inkjet prints, in the first few hour to days
after printing, aging means predominately drying of the inks).

Regards,
Gerhard