[argyllcms] Re: Quato DTP94 vs i1 Display Pro for Dell U2711

  • From: Pictus <pictus171@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tom Schumm <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:31:39 -0200

Hello Tom,

> The display seems to calibrate and profile well in the Standard or Custom
> presets, at least my revision. There had been some suggestion that the Dell
> Ultrasharps either clipped the gamut or had other problems in anything other
> than Standard mode. This is either not true with the U2711, or it's not true
> on the later revisions (mine is A09). My best result was in Custom mode, using
> the RGB controls to get the white balance as correct as possible. The
> resulting gamut and deltaE results seemed about the same, and the grayscale
> ramp was subjectively more consistently neutral looking.

As the Custom mode is useless for the U2410, I use the 'Factory Menu' trick
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1038762383&postcount=3036
With that trick we can alter the RGB gains from the presets.
OBS, before changing anything in the factory menu, first take a
photo or write the values! The reset will not clear the changes.

The 6500K is the Standard Preset
http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt136/Pictus171/WEB%20stuff/Dell_U2410_Factory_settings_B.png

--
Best regards,