[argyllcms] Quality problems on limited gamut media

  • From: "Mihai Zahorski" <zmihai@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 19:47:45 +0300

Hello,

I get very promissing results using argyll with glossy paper, but the
profiles made for uncoated thin paper yeld images with washed out colors. So
everything looks less saturated and areas with similar colors loose a lot of
detail. I'm very interested in using the perceptual intent, for which I've
set sRGB as source gamut, but the results are still less satisfying than
using the default profiles for the printer. Is there any issue with such
media in Argyll? I'm using version 0.6.

Thank you!

Regards.