[argyllcms] Re: Python bindings to ArgyllCMS?

  • From: Roger Breton <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:29:16 -0500

Wow! Have a heart guys. That's going to be a lot of work for Graeme. And
while his limited resources will be tied up on reorganizing his code for
python his other projects will be put on the back burner or just plain
suffer. Unless we collectively start to make PayPal donations and then maybe
Graeme could have some time to allocate for this. But I don't know. Have you
started to get donations Graeme for your titan work in argyll? (sorry if I
have not -- yet)

> I agree. As a python developper too, I owuld love to see a python binding.
>
> The API should provide functions that are used in command-line tools, to be
> able to build a GUI, and interacting with different returned values, and
> potential errors...
>
> Not all tools need to be re-designed through GUI. I think that profile,
> targen, and so, can be addressed through a system()-like (there are better
> way to do that in python). But dispcal, dispread... should be
> re-implemented in the GUI using the functions behind.
>
> --
>    Frédéric

Roger Breton