[argyllcms] Re: Python bindings to ArgyllCMS?

  • From: Frédéric Mantegazza <frederic.mantegazza@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 10:31:19 +0100

On jeudi 27 décembre 2007, Guy K. Kloss wrote:

> It could be easily used and integrated within Python applications. It
> would be e. g. by far easier to build GUI applications.
>
> Of course, I can always go and call the application by submitting system
> commands that will be executed. But it's a rather tedious and not so
> nice way to do it. Black box wrapping is always a bit more dirty than a
> proper API for a library ...

I agree. As a python developper too, I owuld love to see a python binding.

The API should provide functions that are used in command-line tools, to be
able to build a GUI, and interacting with different returned values, and
potential errors...

Not all tools need to be re-designed through GUI. I think that profile,
targen, and so, can be addressed through a system()-like (there are better
way to do that in python). But dispcal, dispread... should be
re-implemented in the GUI using the functions behind.

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org