[argyllcms] Re: Python bindings to ArgyllCMS?

  • From: "Guy K. Kloss" <G.Kloss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 15:20:10 +1300

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 3:09:43 pm Roger Breton wrote:
> What would Python do to access argyll?

It could be easily used and integrated within Python applications. It would be
e. g. by far easier to build GUI applications.

Of course, I can always go and call the application by submitting system
commands that will be executed. But it's a rather tedious and not so nice way
to do it. Black box wrapping is always a bit more dirty than a proper API for
a library ...

In my case my setup is designated for an industrial environment. This way it
would be much easier to control everything without user interaction. The
video stream of the camera can be (for characterisation purposes) used to
determine the location of a test chart (using some functionality from OpenCV,
which is in use already), and update my ICC profiles.

Especially the profile generation is still causing me some trouble. The colour
conversion for the high speed processing will probably use lcms as a library
in native C++ code, for re-characterisation Python (less time critical) is
going to be used.

Hmmm, this post was not very structures. But I don't feel like rewriting it. I
guess what I want to do and what benefits would be has come out anyway.

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences