[argyllcms] Purple-Blue shift problem with Epson printer

  • From: "Stefan - ooge.com" <stefan@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 10:43:44 +0200

Hi,

i test the Argyll CMM with following testchart and compare the results with Basiccolor DropRGB and Profile Maker.

Testchart:
http://www.ooge.com/tmp/DQ-Tool_Print_13x18cm-srgb.jpg

I see a "problem" in the highly saturated blue RGB part.

The results of Acgyll CMM for the lower left blue part of the image and the blue shape shift to purple. DropRGB and Profile Maker giving a nice blue. In generell all colors hit very good by Argyll CMM but the Blue hue not. I tryed relativ and perceptual intents and even some -c -d and -t parameter with no real effect in blue hue. Even differend paper and AdobeRGB as input profile does not change a lot.

My workflow is profiling and printing from Photoshop with printerdriver and RGB images on Epson printer (9800/11880)

Has someone experience with this point?

best,
Stefan