[argyllcms] Profiling printer - Epson 4880 - ColorMunki

  • From: Vittorio Villani <vittoriovillani@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ArgyllCMS List <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 12:32:26 +0100

Hi all.

I would like to use Argyll with my ColorMunki and my
Epson 4880 to get a good profile in RGB mode. I am not expert and I
can't use Argyll well, I tried to search for some information but I
could not find answers to my questions.

I need a good printer profile for fine art printing.

1)
 targen -> How many patch for a good profile? I could not find any
information (like the one for other insturments founded here:
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/targen.html#Table). Maybe it would be great
 to update this page with ColorMunki informations.

2) printtarg -> Do you suggest to use the -h parameter or not? Can I use:
printtarg -v -iCM -pA4 4880Printer
where 4880Printer is the 4880Printer.ti1 file that I have generated with the
targen command?

3) chartread -> I should have no problems following this procedure:
http://www.argyllcms.com/doc/instruments.html
So I will just type:
chartread Epson4880

If
 you have any other suggestion to help me make the best possibile
profile (I have no problems in reading also 3000 patches if you think
that this will give a better result for my needs).

Thanks.
Vittorio