[argyllcms] Re: Profiling between two images

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:31:43 +0100

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:11 PM, Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
>> I noticed LCMS has a Gamma Smoothing method called cmsSmoothGamma,
>> to forcibly smooth gamma curves, after normal processing.
>>
>> I'd love to see a similar feature in colprof, where gamma curves can be
>> forcibly smoothed.
>
> Looks like xmatrix.c already does some regularization anyway, but the
> weight cannot be controlled from the command line.

I assume you mean:

/* Weights in shaper parameters, to minimise unconstrained "wiggles" */
#define MXNORDERS 30                    /* Maximum shaper harmonic
orders to use */
#define XSHAPE_MAG  5000.0              /* Overall shaper parameter magnitide */
#define XSHAPE_BASE  0.00001    /* 0 & 1 harmonic weight */
#define XSHAPE_HBASE 0.0001             /* 2nd and higher additional weight */

I've love to be able to contrain the wiggles some more depending on a
commandline parameter...

I do wonder how each variable will affect the contraining of the wiggles...

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn