[argyllcms] Re: Profiling between two images

  • From: Beisch Clemens <clemens.beisch@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 01:53:09 +0100

It would be very interisting to what patent they refer.

In 1995 Ben Griffin published a smart little tool called «Profile Editor».
It was for OS9.

With the app you are able to extract the LUT of ICC profiles as raw pixel bitmap. This was made for editing in Photoshop or other apps and put it back to the ICC profile.

So this is very old technology.
Lets see what patent they are reffering to and at what time it was published ;-)

Regards,
Clemens Beisch

Am 16.02.2009 um 01:29 schrieb edmund ronald:

How should I know? That was one unhappy conversation. I saw no point
to it - after all patents are a form of disclosure so it seemed to me
that anything that has been patented has already -ab definitio- been
disclosed. At least now, some of this stuff is out there. I guess I'm
not fit to become a lawyer, I don't understand all these IP issues.

Edmund

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Roger <graxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Are you referring to Kodak ProfileWizard MiO v4? Or the upcoming Kodak ColorFlow v5.1 for Prinergy? Or the old Custom Color Tools plug-in for
Photoshop OSX?

Just curious...

Roger