[argyllcms] Profiling a laptop display

  • From: "Marco Presi" <marco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 12:09:04 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

I'd like to profile a laptop display. As such it doesn't have all the
controls typical of an external monitor, so I cannot control Brightness,
Contrast, RGB values (gain and offset), and so on.

Thus I cannot perform the calibration step as described in the
documentation tutorial.

I run GNU/Linux and an Eye-One Display 2.

I tried to use the backlit illumination (even if the precision was low..
but better than anything) to control the brightness and to modify the RGB
values by using xgamma after launching dispcal. However, it seems that
xgamma is not effective at all while dispcal is running.

How might I proceed to perform this step?

Regards

Marco