[argyllcms] Re: Profiling a Minilab

  • From: Pascal de Bruijn <pmjdebruijn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 19:19:27 +0200

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 6:45 PM, edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If you submit RGB images all these devices are treated as RGB devices
> from the user's standpoint.
>
> The real issue with minilabs is getting them to print your target and
> subsequent images without correction. In my experience this is only
> possible when you develop a relationship with the operator.
> Unfortunately you need this relationship on day ONE because that's
> when you print your target; so don't expect too much from your first
> set of profiles.

Well, the Lab in this case is foto.com, they can print in three configurations:

FOTO.com Classic (Kodak Edge Glossy)
FOTO.com Professional (Kodak Royal Matte)
FOTO.com Professional (Kodak Royal Glossy)

Yes, have a giggle at the professional moniker :)

They do offer an "uncorrected mode"... I guess they got asked about
this a lot :)

Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn