[argyllcms] Re: Profiling a Minilab

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 18:45:40 +0200

If you submit RGB images all these devices are treated as RGB devices
from the user's standpoint.

The real issue with minilabs is getting them to print your target and
subsequent images without correction. In my experience this is only
possible when you develop a relationship with the operator.
Unfortunately you need this relationship on day ONE because that's
when you print your target; so don't expect too much from your first
set of profiles.

Xrite software works nicely for minilabs; I really don't know about
Argyll. I used Argyll a lot, but only with auto-scanning devices and
large patch sets.

As for dye sub printers - I find they profile very well in RGB mode,
but your mileage may vary.

Edmund