[argyllcms] Re: Profiles for Epson 3880

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:24:36 +0100

I wouldn't bother printing with profiles actually, I would select
"Printer Manages Colors" in Photoshop, and make sure that your image
is either in sRGB or AdobeRGB and that this is selected by the printer
driver. When you select the paper type in the printer driver media
settings the printer driver while automatically call up a profile and
do a rendering for you. This works very well for the latest Epson
printers.

However, as a Gutenprint collaborator, I would encourage you of course
to use our new Epson 3880 driver, under Linux, and provide feedback.
You will be able to profile this printer using your EyeOne and Argyll.
Once profiled, the results should be roughly equivalent to the native
driver under Windows - Gutenprint is now good enough for pro work.

Edmund