[argyllcms] Profiles for Epson 3880

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 21:49:49 -0600

I used my Eye One Pro to create a profile for my Epson 1280 printer used
with one of the standard Epson papers.

I now have and Epson 3880 printer, and I thought that there were
profiles which I could download for the printer, or which might already
come with it.

But I don't really understand what I've been able to find about the
matter by using google.  I find Epson profiles but they don't seem to be
for papers I have, and I don't know what to do with them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get started with that.

Of course, since I plan to work under Linux, I may end up creating my
own profiles.  Since I did it before,  I presume I can do it again with
the new printer, but I am curious to try it with profiles supplied by
Epson if such exist,

The papers I now have are
Epson Photo Paper   11 x 17 and 13 x 19
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy  Letter size
Brilliant Suprem L Lustre Paper  17 x 22

I got the latter at Calumet Photo when I bought the printer last summer.
I was told by the salesman that the "Epson semi-gloss profile", whatever
that is would work with that paper.
--
Leonard Evens len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University