[argyllcms] Re: Profile input white not mapping to output white

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 10:25:29 -0700

On 2012-11-27, at 9:35 AM, Gerhard Fuernkranz wrote:

> Note, the brightest patch in the .ti3 file becomes the media white point, and
> when applying a profile with relative colorimetric intent, then the media
> white point will _always_ map to D50 in the PCS, regardless its absolute XYZ
> color.
>
> I.e. _any_ absolute XYZ color associated with the "WHT" patch will eventually
> map to white, if the profile is applied with relative colorimetric intent,
> and if the WHT patch is the britghtes one.

That may well be the theory...but, in practice, it's not the case. See some of
the earlier examples I posted -- for example, the one where R=G=B=1 got mapped
to cyan. I'll bet you a cup of coffee or other suitable beverage that adding a
D50 patch to the .ti3 that produced that profile would fix the problem entirely.

Cheers,

b&