[argyllcms] Re: Profile input white not mapping to output white

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:17:20 +0100

Hi Graeme,

Am 27.11.2012 01:33, schrieb Graeme Gill:
My feeling is that white balancing before converting to a known colorspace is
probably not the best workflow. How can you judge white in an uncalibrated
colorspace ?

admittedly I haven't used any of the raw converts with graphical UI so far (but
only dcraw) - maybe there is an interactive preview showing how the image will
look after white-balancing and applying the profile?

Do a trial color balance - demosaic - then undo the color balance (or something
mathematically equivalent).

This was indeed coming into my mind as well.

Best Regards,
Gerhard