[argyllcms] Re: Profile for calibrated color-prints on dark background?

  • From: Alexey Gribunin <Gribunin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2019 13:35:37 +0300

Hello Lars!

What color of background do you mean? How dark is it?
I used ICC workflow with brown wastepaper cardboard (Lab 60/7/18) and it works pretty fine.
Also it depends on transparency of inks. ICC workflow considers inks to be transparent (more or less).

Best regards,
Alexey Gribunin, UNIT Color Technologies, Moscow, Russia.

On 09/09/2019 13:23, Lars Grobe wrote:

Dear all,
I am not sure how "exotic" this question actually is. I am trying to figure out a way to control the color of prints on a dark background. Is it possible to generate a profile with Argyll that accounts e.g. for the fact that in such cases, reducing ink darkens the resulting color toward the color of the background? Or is this beyond what printer profiles are ment for?
Best, Lars.