[argyllcms] Re: Profile calculation time

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:38:10 +1000

Roger Breton wrote:
> In my early testing with argyll's command like utilities compiled for
> MacOSX, it seems to me that calculating an output profile from a 700 patches
> CMYK ti3 file or from a 64 patches ti3 takes the same time?

Roger,
        there are two main phases to profiling. One is the creation
of the forward (or natural) profile (This corresponds to the A2B table
in an ICC profile.) The second step is to create the inverse profile
(Corresponding to the B2A table in an ICC profile.)
The firsts execution time will have some relation to the number of
patches, while the second will not. If the overall profiling time
is dominated by the second process, then the profiling time
will not vary much with the number of patches.