[argyllcms] Re: Producing Reference Files

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 23:36:36 +1100

Pascal de Bruijn wrote:
Say if one were to produce their own target reference files... Which
(metadata) fields would be important/critical to not forget, besides
the obvious field data:

ORIGINATOR "Pascal de Bruijn"
DESCRIPTOR "L* a* b* vendor information (light D50, viewing angle 2)"
MEASUREMENT_SOURCE "X-Rite ColorMunki"
ILLUMINATION_NAME "D50"
OBSERVER_ANGLE "2"
CREATED "2010-01-31"

I noticed the CGATS spec isn't available for free, but hardcopy is
affordable at ~30EUR... Would it be worth purchasing? I'm particularly
interested in the metadata fields...

From what I've seen it probably won't help you a lot.
You can see a list of standard fields in the cgats source
code directory in Argyll: cgats/Readme.txt,
but anyone can invent their own, so standardization
is somewhat haphazard.