[argyllcms] Re: Problems with spec2cie

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 22:06:01 +1100

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
On 12/13/07, Gerhard Fuernkranz <> wrote:

Is the "COLOR_REP" in the cyan.ti3 file really "C_XYZ" and not "CMY_XYZ"?

The ti3 file I posted is unchanged output from printread.

I think it was a custom, single ink chart, hence "C_XYZ" is correct.
Many but not all of the utilities are hard coded to expect more
typical combinations, such as RGB_XYZ, CMYK_XYZ etc.

The results is:
40   c
39   m
39   y
39   k
39   cmy

It drops the 0 patch on all stripes besides cyan.

Right, it normally deletes duplicate patch colors.

Is this a bug, or am I misuse targen, or have wrong expectations?

It would need an additional option to suppress this sort of behaviour,
or (for a 1-off), you can add the patches back in by hand.