[argyllcms] Problem with firefox color management.

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:10:40 -0600

I am setting up a new machine running Fedora Linux 14.

I have my display profile installed, and gimp and inkscape can use it.

But, I used to be able to have firefox use it by means of its Color
Managment Add-on.  That Add-on still lets me specify the display
profile, but when I try to view an image on my machine using firefox,
it gives a choice of Image Viewer or Other.  Image Viewer is eog which
still won't pay attention to the display profile.   If I tell it to use
gimp, it will bring the image  up properly, but that is rather
cumbersome.

I don't know what happens to colors at external websites.

Any comments or suggestions?
--
Leonard Evens len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University