[argyllcms] Re: Problem with finding port number for i1Pro - MacOS Lion

  • From: Mark MacKenzie <mjmackenzie22@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 07:10:43 -0700

Hi Phil.

I am finally back at working on this and after eliminating all X-rate software, etc. I still have the same problem with the USB port number being "out of range".

There is also no i1Pro preference for me to turn off. There is no "launcher demon" either for this on my Lion iMac.

I have done a web search for this but come up empty.  Any suggestions?

Mark

On 2/26/12 12:51 PM, Phil Cruse wrote:
Hi Mark,

I had similar, but not the same, problems last year, with OSX 10.6.6, and had a
lot of help from Graeme (around Feb 8, 2011).
"i think I've fixed it now. Found info on X-Rite site, about Difficulty
connecting X-Rite hardware to third-party software and turning OFF i1Pro in X-Rite
Device Services Preference Pane.

http://www.xrite.com/product_overview.aspx?ID=1161&Action=support&SupportID=4980

Any way to override this, so you don't have to keep switching on/off?

Phil Cruse"

May not like having i1 running with Argyll and X-Rite software at the same time.

Good luck,
Phil

On 26 Feb 2012, at 19:12, Mark MacKenzie wrote:

I am working through Phil Cruse's suggestions and all have worked to help me
get started on MacOS with ArgyllCMS and my i1Pro.

BUT, upon running the terminal command:  chartread Chartname (appropriate name
inserted for chartname)  I get an error.  The complete message from terminal is
as follows:

chartread Pro4000_MIS_OffDepot_PhotoMatte
chartread: Error - icoms - usb_is_usb_portno: port number out of range!

I am using the standard i1Pro and a recent iMac with the i1Pro directly into
one of the USB ports on the back of the iMac.

Any suggestions on either finding the correct port number of using one that
works?

Mark