[argyllcms] Re: Problem with cxf2ti3 and reference file E210627 from LaserSoftImaging

  • From: Reinhard Banke <reinhard.banke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: miguel medalha <medalist@xxxxxxx>, argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 13:15:14 +0100

I have already contacted LSI support about this problem. I am curious about the answer.

From another source I learned that the missing data in the E210627 cxf file are the transmission spectra of the individual
fields. These are not needed for the creation of the ICC profile, if
the corresponding Lab / XYZ values are contained in the reference file. In the E210627 the Lab / XYZ values are present. Therefore, I think that the file is correct.

The error, in my opinion, is in cxf2ti3. The program must detect whether the transmission spectra of each field are included in the cxf file or not. If yes, these can be used. If no, then the corresponding Lab / XYZ values must be searched for in the reference file and used. Only if these are also missing, the processing must be aborted.