[argyllcms] Re: Problem communicating with Eye-One_Pro on 64 bit system

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 09:34:27 +1000

Leonard Evens wrote:
leaving the previous settings for brightness, constrast adn R, G, and B.
I had to do it three times to get a profile.  The first time it hung on
patch 13 of 64 under iteration 3, and the second time it hung on patch
26, eventually timing out and reporting a communication error with the
device.

Hi,
        depending on how repeatable the problem is, the thing
to do is to grab a debug trace and send it to me. ie.

dispcal -v2 -D5 [other options & parameters] 2>&1 > log

I have used this Eye One Pro repeatedly on another (32 bit Dell)
computer without incident.   Has anyone any suggestions about what the
problem may related to: e.g, the 64 bit system, the particular USB port,
or what?

Anything is possible. Did you compile Argyll from source or download
the binaries from argyllcms.com ?

Unfortunately downstream distributions insist on meddling with the
code, and it often breaks things. One thing they tend to break
is the USB drivers, since they substitute the system libusb
and don't test their changes with all the instruments.

It's possible the kernel level USB drivers are subtly different,
or it's possible that there is a bug (instrument/USB driver interactions
that aren't handled properly).

cheers,