[argyllcms] Problem communicating with Eye-One_Pro on 64 bit system

  • From: Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 11:16:41 -0500

I am in the process of setting up an HP Pavillion S5120f.

I have installed Fedora Linux 11 along with Windows Vista.  It is a 64
bit AMD machine with 4 GB of memory.  The current monitor is a simple
Dell 17-inch LCD.    (Eventually I will switch to a better monitor.)  It
has Brightness and Contrast controls as well as color controls.  With an
Eye One Pro,  I used
dispcal -yl -o -v -p 1,.5,.8 TargetA
leaving the brightness and contrast at default values which resulted
after calibration/profiling in a luminance of about 130 cd/m^2.  I used
the color settings under option 2 tio get R=, G=, B=.
That produced a profile for me, but the reported gamma was higher than I
wanted.  So I tried
dispcal -yl -g 2.2 -o -v -p 1,.5,.8
leaving the previous settings for brightness, constrast adn R, G, and B.
I had to do it three times to get a profile.  The first time it hung on
patch 13 of 64 under iteration 3, and the second time it hung on patch
26, eventually timing out and reporting a communication error with the
device.

I have used this Eye One Pro repeatedly on another (32 bit Dell)
computer without incident.   Has anyone any suggestions about what the
problem may related to: e.g, the 64 bit system, the particular USB port,
or what?
--
Leonard Evens <len@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Mathematics Department, Northwestern University