[argyllcms] Re: Problem Installing Spyder 3 driver under XP

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 20:50:39 +1100

Oak99Sky wrote:
> It seems that whatever the spyd.inf file is trying to do, it is not working
> on my system - Win
> XP (but SP1 by choice, I had SP 2 kill slow another old machine to a crawl so
> not going there).

Hmm. I'm not sure that the winusb drivers will work on XP SP1.

You could try changing the .inf to install libusb0 instead of winusb,
and see if that works. Uninstall first, then edit spyd3.inf and change
line 54 from:

NTx86.5.1_Device    = "WINUSBCO_DEV"        ; 32 bit WinXP

NTx86.5.1_Device    = "LIBUSB0_DEV"        ; 32 bit WinXP

and then try installing again.