[argyllcms] ProPhoto to sRGB device link problem

  • From: Idea Digital Imaging <qcore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 22:22:51 +0100

I've made a number of ProPhoto to sRGB device links with collink using a range of different settings.

All of them create images with odd dark blobs appearing in saturated blues.

Here is a tiny section from a test image (8KB):

<http://inside.rgb2cmyk.com/images/BstrdBlue.tif.zip>

And this is the result I get when applying the device links:

<http://inside.rgb2cmyk.com/images/BstrdBlue.jpg>

Changing the quality and rendering intents will produce a more defined and lighter/darker black patch but I cannot get rid of it.

I haven't seen this happen when converting any other RGB working space to sRGB. Am I doing something wrong?

--
Martin Orpen
Idea Digital Imaging Ltd