[argyllcms] Re: Printtarg gives huge delta E with eye-one

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:50:14 +1000

Lars Tore Gustavsen wrote:
This is direct from the Scenarios.html

Optimising layout for strip reader:
100%
After optimisation, worst delta E = 80.126192
[ltg@hjemme r2400]$

Can this be correct? When I try to other instruments with the -i
option I don't get the "worst case delta E" line at all, but more like
this:

Worst case density contrast = 0.701037
Optimising layout for strip reader:
100%
After optimisation, density contrast = 0.814464

This is just verbose output. Some strip reading instruments detect
patches according to density contracts, others by delta E.
Printtarg attempts to optimize the patch to patch/spacer contrast
according to the instrument type. The DTP41 looks for density contrast,
the i1pro looks for delta E between patches/spacers, so printtarg
behaves appropriately.