[argyllcms] Re: Printtarg dithering for TIFF output request

  • From: Gerhard Fuernkranz <nospam456@xxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 00:48:02 +0200

Am 06.04.2012 22:37, schrieb Nikolay Pokhilchenko:
I'm interesting in the dithering option for printtarg TIFF output.
[...]
So, the most of modern color-managed printing programs performs the dithering
after the conversion by device ICC profile but before sending the job to the
printer.

I just see one problem: Printtarg would need to use the same dithering algorithm as the
"modern color-managed printing program", but how should printtarg know about
this algorithm?

Best Regards,
Gerhard