[argyllcms] Re: Printread with DTP41 on WinXP SP2

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 10:34:05 +1000

Roger Breton wrote:

Oops! Right there, there is something wrong: why is printread using COM2
when I specifically instruct it to use COM1 with the argument -c1? This is
the command line I use with printread:

If you use "printread -?", what does the "usage" show as your COM port choices ?

The -c argument is currently your choice from the list of ports,
not the COM port number itself. Perhaps the list happens to
list COM2 ahead of COM1, because they appear that way
in the registry. I suppose I could sort the list,
but this isn't going to help when USB support is
added, since I'm intending to list USB ports ahead
of serial ports.