[argyllcms] Re: Printer profiling: Canon Pixma iP4850 CYMK

  • From: edmund ronald <edmundronald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 02:18:37 +0200

The question that interests me is what sample printer ink and paper
variation is like these days.

Re. printer gamut, I always wonder whether in vendor mode the printer
manufacturer is not using some optimised technology better than what
you can get from standard ICC profiles, eg going directly from sRGB to
printer space with the knowledge that the source gamut is sRGB.

Edmund