[argyllcms] Re: Printer profile verification?
- From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 13:58:43 +1100
I figured out DisplayCal probably used colverify to generate the report. Any
how to proceed for prints? I assume I'll need some meaningful target(s) to
begin with, how
do I generate that? Black and white prints either RGB or greyscale anything
these? I'd like to compare 2 or more workflows, any suggestion for that?
it depends on what you are trying to do. You could:
1) Verify the profile colorimetric A2B against the test chart used to make it.
This is a measure of self fit.
- profcheck can be used for this.
2) Verify the profile colorimetric A2B against the test chart used to make it
after printing and measuring it again.
This is a measure of printing and measuring consistency, as well as fit.
3) Verify the profile colorimetric A2B against a test chart with a different
This is a measure of profile interpolation accuracy, as well as printing and
measuring consistency, as well as fit.
4) Test emulation/proofing of another colorspace. The most tricky part of this
is dealing with colors that are out of gamut of the printer, as (naturally)
such colors will be printed inaccurately. This is somewhat complex.
You have to create a set of test values in the emulated space (targen), and
convert them to CIE reference values (fakeread ?). You then need to convert
reference values into the printer space, for printing and measurement
manually copy into .ti1 file ?). Print and measure, using colverify with the
parameter to ignore out of gamut values between the reference values and the
values. You may have to also pay proper attention to the intent - typically
intent is used for the verifications 1-3 above, but this may not be suitable
are doing emulation/proofing, given that the white point may be different.
Other related posts: