[argyllcms] Re: Printer profile

  • From: Nikolay Pokhilchenko <nikolay_po@xxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 23:11:55 +0400

Carlo Sette wrote:

> ./targen -v -d3 -f1320 mytarget

IMHO, You should use -d2 because the printer is not a video (an emissive RGB)
device. The -d2 key may help to avoid the problems with chartread (in the strip
reading mode) at the first time without preliminary profile.

> ./printtarg -v -ii1 -t360 -pA3 mytarget
>
> ./printtarg -v -t360 -ii1 -a0.869 -p420x297 mytarget

You can resize the patches down to 6mm by smallest side and significantly
increase it's amount. I've performed the measurements of different patch sizes
with inkjet photoprinter and Eye-one Pro Rev D:

CIEDE2000, peak/avg
4mm 2,842 0,638
6mm 2,001 0,455
9mm 0,971 0,272

There was 9 targets (with 256 box patches each) measured and compared with the
reference 256 patches.

> ./colprof -v -D mytarget -no -np -ni -i D50 -o 1931_2 -f -qh-S sRGB.icm -cmt
> -dpp mytarget

IMHO, You should use neither -no -np and -ni keys because they (may) decrease
the profile quality. You may need to use it in cases of the buggy CMS software
(Corel Draw for example), where the soft can't deal with this tables. You
should use the -f key only when Your instrument isn't UV-cut and the whitener
compensation gives the better result. In most of my cases I don't use it.