[argyllcms] Printer media evaluation

  • From: Ben Goren <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 15:15:15 -0700

All of the talk about the new calibration functionality of the release candidate has me wondering if anybody here might find this useful:

http://public.me.com/ix/ben.goren/Printer_media_evaluation.tif

(It's about 15 Mbytes, but hosted on a fast server.)

It's something I recently put together to help me figure out what printer settings to use with third-party papers. Those of you using a RIP probably won't find it useful, but it should help those with RGB printers.

If anybody has any suggestions for modifications, additions, etc., I'm all ears.

Graeme, I don't know that it's the sort of thing you'd want to distribute with Argyll, but you're more than welcome to if you like. Or perhaps it would be useful for timage to generate something like this?

Cheers,

b&