[argyllcms] Re: Printer gamut

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:49:03 +1100

Greg Sullivan wrote:

An interesting test would be to compare the gamut of a profile made in
(pseudo)-RGB mode to that made with a RIP which is known to be able to
directly control individual inks, for the same printer.

I've been in the position to do that in the past, but not recently. In the past, the results were pretty awful (particularly the way the K was used), but recent printers from the top manufacturers seem to have improved a lot in this regard.

The RGB gamut from my Epson 1800 looked pretty reasonable, but
I don't (yet) have a CMYK gamut to actually compare it to.