[argyllcms] Re: Printer RGB profile and dark tones problem

  • From: Florian Höch <lists+argyllcms@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 19:54:47 +0100

Am 14.11.2010 19:39, schrieb Vittorio Villani:
Thanks for your answer Florian.
I can easly understand now why that patches look all dark: my profile starts
from L* 4 as darkest point...
I will write a mail to Keith asking him about his print test imge.

The step wedge is spread out so that the K steps are 5% apart. Maybe recreating that wedge in some space with better perceptual properties (Lab?) then transforming back to G2.2 could be an option.

The reason for the -no -ni -np parameters is that, according to an
expert that I have asked for some suggestions using colprof, this gives
better gradients. Withoud this 3 options he got steps in many gradients.
So I just followed his suggestion.
If you have never tried with that parameters try them and let me know
what do you think about it.

Interesting, thanks! I will definitely try it sometime.

Regards
--
Florian Höch